Friday, January 23, 2015

Pattern Release: Rain Speckled Hat



After some unforeseeable delays, today I'm excited to announce that the pattern for my polka dot hat- the Rain Speckled Hat is now available! This was a bit of a last minute decision but in the end I'm glad I went for it. I had originally planned to publish the Moorland Mitts as my next pattern, but after sharing this hat several times on Instagram (both in progress and completed) I got so many questions about it that I decided to just go ahead and write up a pattern. 

The Rain Speckled Hat is designed to be both simple & feminine with understated polka dots to add texture. Inspired by cobblestone streets and cloudy days, it's the perfect hat to wear while exploring a new city- dashing in and out of bookshops and cafes to avoid the rain, or while puddle jumping down your favorite country road. It's a versatile design and can easily be made in a different size, or in only one colour. (I'm hoping to knit one up in one colour and then add a contrasting pom pom) 

I will also be selling this hat, ready-knit in my Etsy shop


I am so grateful for the encouragement and inspiration of the fiber community. I feel so honored to be a part of it, and to get to interact with you all via the Internet. Knitters are just the loveliest people. 

To say thank you, I am giving away a copy of the pattern for free! To enter you can comment here on this blog post, or on the photo of the hat on Instagram.

I wish you all happy knitting- whatever you're currently working on!

5 comments:

  1. It looks great! Love your idea of a version with a Pom pom too 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful hat! I love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful hat! Would love to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this . The speckles look great very understated.......fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful!! Love the subtle texture! Bummed I missed the giveaway but this will go in my Ravelry faves for maybe future knitting.

    ReplyDelete